The Church of Lester Center was organized. There were more people of the Baptist faith at the meeting so it was decided to become a Baptist Church. They had Sabbath Worship Services, monthly Covenant Meetings, and Communion every three months.
It was decided to move the church building to Dunkerton. They got as far as a pasture, and got bogged down in the mud. Then had to wait until the ground froze over, in the late fall. One story is that someone had trouble driving cattle past the building as they shied away of the structure and took off in the wrong direction. Then the Crane Creek bridge wasn't wide enough to take it across, so they had to plank the creek, and the horses pulled it up the bank on the frozen ground. James and Christian Dunkerton gave the lot where the building was placed to the church. The building was rededicated on Sept. 24, 1892.
Dr. Scott Harrell, Feb. 21, 1988 ~ July 30, 2000
Rev. Daniel F. Wiersema, December 2000 ~ July 2, 2006
Rev. Tommy Rucker, 2007 ~ Feb. 12, 2014
Rev. Jimmy Luders, Feb. 23, 2014 ~ Sept. 21, 2014 (interim)
Rev. David Williamson, Sept. 28, 2014