Awana and the Awana logo are Registered Trademarks of Awana Clubs International. Used by Permission. Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed 2 Timothy 2:15
- Awana Club is a fun, Bible-based club for children in Kindergarten through 6th grade Sparks ~ for kindergarten through 2nd grade T&T ~ for 3rd through 6th graders
- Meets at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesdays during the school year
WHAT HAPPENS AT AWANA:
- Check in with either the T & T secretary or Sparks secretary. Please arrive a few minutes early for this. We collect the 25-cent dues, make sure the clubbers have their uniforms on, shirt tucked in and have brought their handbook and Bible. Kids earn Awana bucks for this and extra if they bring a friend and/or participate in the special nightly activities. Each clubber will receive one handbook free of charge.
- Opening Ceremony and Prayer. The clubbers and leaders stand at attention on the appropriate line for either T&T Girls, T&T Boys or Sparks. At this time we sing the Awana song, recite 2 Timothy 2:15, say the Pledge of Allegiance to the American flag, Awana Flag, Christian flag and to the Bible.
- Clubbers and leaders split into three different groups: Sparks, T&T Girls and T&T Boys. They are on a rotation schedule for the next three parts of the night.
- Game time. The kids love this time. They play organized games around the Awana Circle on color teams.
- Council time. Singing and Bible lessons taught by the directors.
- Handbook time. Clubbers recite memorized Bible verses out of their handbooks to leaders.
- Closing Ceremony. All the clubbers and leaders are back at attention on their circle color.
- Facebook Page. Up-to-date information for AWANA activities can be found on Facebook.com ~ go to FBC Dunkerton-AWANA Club
- Store Night. Clubbers get to spend the Awana Bucks they have earned during check-in time, handbook time, game time and participation on Special nightly events.
- Money for Missions. Our Awana Club has a missionary we help support. You can see more about him on the Iowa Awana Home Page - www.awanaia.org
- Awana Games. Our clubbers compete with other clubs playing Circle Games. There are rules and regulations for this event. More information will be available as it gets closer or you can look on the www.awanaia.org website.
- Bible Quiz. Our clubbers compete with other clubs on how well they know the Scripture verses they have memorized. There are rules and regulations for this event. More information will be available as it gets closer or you can look on the www.awanaia.org website.
- Grand Prix Race Day. Clubbers buy a derby car to design and build. The day before the big race we will have a work day.This is where the kids can bring in their car for last minute help with adult supervision.